Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing synthetic table

Not sure if someone can help me by just looking at the model I created but I want to remove the synthetic table somehow.

It comes about when I bring in my master calendar. My other tables don't have a general "date" field so I used the Makedate() function and the field "CreatedDate" in each table to generate a date and call it Calendar.Date.

Any help would be great.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Robinson,

I use this occasionally as well.  The drawback here is the front-end performance, hence the solution is acceptable for a comparatively small data sets.  That may be the case here, we don't know.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Can you give me an example of a set analysis equation to do this? I'm not very familiar with syntax and process of it.

Thanks for all your help throughout this.

Not applicable
Author

For example, I attached what my ultimate goal will be for using this model. Kind of curious if you have any ideas on how to do this as well.

I wanted to try and do this with a funnel chart.

Where a Lead = a count of all Opportunities with a created date in the current year to date. (ie Opportunity.CreatedDate) Same goes for Last year to date.

Where a Quote = a count of all Opportunities with a Quote total (ie Quote.GrandTotal) > 0 and then referencing the Lead for everything current year to date and then last year to date.

So as you might see, leads = 20851 (YTD) in my report and then OF THOSE 20851 leads, 16829 then become Quotes. It all flows downward.

Any ideas as to how to put these buckets and formats into a funnel chart? I understand that YTD and LYTD will be in different graphs. Plus the variances will be too.