Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count and Percent of Whole in One Bar Chart

Hello,

I'm visualizing a client report that previously showed the count of an attribute in one column, and the total percentage of its appearance in the next column.

I have a good top 5 bar chart going and can display either the counts or the percentages (by clicking the 'relative' button) - is there a way to show both?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Not sure if I understood your question, but you can show the percentage as a column in the straight table using TOTAL in the expression. I have attached an example which limits the data to show only top 5 (Volume), but also shows the percentage of the total as a column. You can make top 5 based on either column.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not sure if I understood your question, but you can show the percentage as a column in the straight table using TOTAL in the expression. I have attached an example which limits the data to show only top 5 (Volume), but also shows the percentage of the total as a column. You can make top 5 based on either column.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you - though I can't open the file on Personal edition, I'm going to create two different expressions and let the user cycle between count and percentage.

Not applicable
Author

Oh no worries. Try this:

Create straight table in Chart Properties > Set dimension > Enter two expressions (for example):

Sum(Volume)

Sum(Volume)/Sum(TOTAL Volume)

Under dimension limits > Select 'Restrict which values are displayed' to show only top 5 > Deselect Show Others.

You get something like this:

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Nice!

Not applicable
Author

How do you convert those percentages to bars that fill that same percentage of the cell? I'm pretty sure it's a linear guage within the settigns , but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

Thanks in advance!