Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Choose Persistent Colors

Hi there,

I'm sure this is a silly question - don't know why I can't figure this out or find another such discussion.

I have a Funnel Chart with 10 sections (based on the "CD Status" Dimension Split). It is sorted highest to lowest and I then chose colors per section, with the highest CD Status being the darkest.

When I make selections in other part of the QV doc and it for instance only shows CD Status 2 to 4, then the colors change to the top 3 "chosen" colors, which I want to always be for CD 7,8 and 9.

I know that I can choose Persistent colors, and then making selections will not change the colors - but when persistent colors is ticked, it ignores the order of the colors I chose, and assigns its own colors to each CD Status.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

lok at this printscreen...

statuscolor.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

did you try to define expression background color rhis way:

=if(CDstatus='CDstatus1', color(1),if(CDstatus='CDstatus2', color(2),if(CDstatus='CDstatus3', color(3),if(CDstatus='CDstatus4', color(4),color(5)))))

?

Not applicable

see att qvw

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have QV Personal Edition so unfortunately can't open your example.

As far as I can figure out, that will only affect the chart's background color?

I want to be able to choose the colors of the individual segments of teh chart, like you can do on the Colors TAB.

See image - I want to keep CD 0 and 1 white when I select only them. Currently they will change to Black and Dark Grey when I select them (colors 1 and 2). And if I use persistent colors then it mixes up the colors I have selected.

Thanks for helping

Not applicable

lok at this printscreen...

statuscolor.PNG

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

AAAAHHHHHHH!

Very nice, that works perfectly.

Thanks