Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shared composite types

When you create a schema from a composite type, can this later be shared in order to be assigned to another schema?

In my example sharing is deactivated...

expressor1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Yes you can - since you already created the schema from the TYPE - the TYPE should already exist and is technically shared. The TYPE folder contains the shared type.

In the new Schema - you would just simply ASSIGN that type to the Schema and connect your mappings.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Yes you can - since you already created the schema from the TYPE - the TYPE should already exist and is technically shared. The TYPE folder contains the shared type.

In the new Schema - you would just simply ASSIGN that type to the Schema and connect your mappings.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

No.

As you can see in the attached picture above the shared is deactivated. I cannot share it.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

That is because it exists already as a Shared TYPE - in your Types folder. If a Schema is using a TYPE that is not local - such as the default Composite type - then it cannot be shared if it is already shared. Look at your Types folder and note that you have a Type named Facility. This Type - is your already shared Type.

post.PNG

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

YES!

No I understand. Thanks a lot!

One more thing about composite types: Each time do I have to define the attributes from the beginning? Can i have shared attributes that i assing to composite types?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

My pleasure

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik