Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Highlighting specific values/table results

Hi there,

I would like to ask for some help with a security audit report I have created for one of our applications. The idea is to review the users in security groups and flag wherevere there is a breach in segregation of duties (where the same user is both an approver and a user for a specified business unit)

So far I have managed to display this by using a pivot table, note in the attached report, User10 is both Approver and User.

The problem is all other users which have only one role are displayed in there as well so its difficult to spot the breaches.

Is there a way of either limiting the table to display the users that have both values or highlighting the cell with the user10 (preffered option!).

Appretiate your help!

Regards

Marek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this what you want to do? I had to do a binary load but you can add the Users and Approvers flag to your script.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

You can expand 'plus' left to your expression or dimension and type an expression for background color.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for this, I tried adding

=Address and If([Address] = 'Approvers' ,RGB(255, 255, 0))

to the 'Address' dimension (which is the User field...) just to try whether it will work for a single condition but it does not return any values now. definitely doing something wrong!

Could you please provide an example expression?

Thank you

Marek

whiteline
Master II
Master II

lesm,

Why are you comparing [Address] with 'Approvers' ? [Address] has only values UserNN.

Use

=If([Roles] = 'Approvers' ,RGB(255, 255, 0))

Also, I think you didn't understand me. You should just Click on '+' on dimension.

Then choose 'Background Color' and there type a color expression.

Not applicable
Author

hi again,

yes got confused with the 'plus' bit! now its clear.

The issue with the highlighting bit is that I only want to highlight the specific instance that User10 has (whereby he is both in approvers and users) thats why i originally tried to add the expression to Address (quite stupidly in hind sight!)

While adding the color expression to a single instance (where Role=Approvers) works fine, I cannot workout how to specify to highlight the User who is in both!

when I try to use:

= if([Roles] = 'Approvers' and [Roles]= 'Users' ,RGB(255, 255, 0))

it highlights everything as I think it looks at users and approvers in separation instead of instances where they are both.

hope that explains my plight! Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks again for the help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this what you want to do? I had to do a binary load but you can add the Users and Approvers flag to your script.

Not applicable
Author

Thank! thats exactly what I was looking for!

Regards

Marek