Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared file -- easy way of cleaning up?

We have some QlikViews with large Shared files which we intend to clean-up, since this gives performance issues for the users.

With the powertools it is easy (and quick) to see what is in the shared file, but how can we clean up the shared file quickly -- through the management screens in internet explorer this is really terrible since the whole file needs to be loaded and after eacht seperate delete the file is saved ...

Is there an easy way of doing this??

Is there also a way the 'administrator' can see the objects made in the QlikView app? So the administrator can determine if the objects still need to be in the shared file ... our users don't really like to clean-up their mess.

thx for your advice!

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Anita,

Try the Shared File Viewer from the QlikView PowerTools that will help you to defrag those large files. Back up your original file just in case.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Defrag the large files still keeps them large in our case, the powertools options are only for those actions but not for deleting groups of objects.

As administrator I'm looking for a way of maintaining the objects. I'd like to have a way of deleting groups of objects (not one-by-one as in the QVMC) ... and what I really miss is a way of looking into the created objects (since some users are really creative with objects).

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anita,

You can use the Server Object Handler from the PowerTools package as well. I'd definitely give a try to this set of tools that can help further than the QMC (even adding features that are not there).

But I agree, it should be great to log as a given user and do some cleanup.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We cannot run all the powertools here (some of them needs admin rights, only ICT has them) . . . but this seems a good way.

thx !