Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customize the x-axis at a gantt chart

Hello Community,

at the attached file i tried to create a gantt-chart, but it doesn't work correctly.

i want that the x-axis should only show values like month&year.  so it should begin at 04/11, continue with 05/11, 06/11....,01/13.

I used the Static Step field at the Axes-Tab and wrote +30. But this don't deliver the right solution.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Aylin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

For the expression axis, set "static min" to Date('04/11'), and "static step" to 30.

This might fall a bit out of sync for longer periods due to months not all being same length, but think its about as good as you can get.

edit:

seems date didnt work, so tried with 40640 as static min which looked better.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

in chart properties, remove "Forced 0" for the Expression Axis on the Axes tab and set the number format to "Date" with "Format Pattern" = MM/YY on the numbers tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

thanks, i did this, but my x-axis now show only 05/2012 07/2012 09/2012 11/2012.

But i want that the months 06/2012, 08/2012 shown be, too and the x-axis should start at 04/2011.

kji
Employee
Employee

For the expression axis, set "static min" to Date('04/11'), and "static step" to 30.

This might fall a bit out of sync for longer periods due to months not all being same length, but think its about as good as you can get.

edit:

seems date didnt work, so tried with 40640 as static min which looked better.

Not applicable
Author

I wrote

=date(min(Start),'MM/YYYY')  at Static Min and Static Step = 30. I can't wirte 40640 because i want the minimum of the Start-Dimension.

If i make the chart bigger, then the date 04/11 is be shown.

Thanks for your help!