Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Personal Edition File Recovery

Hi All.

I am unable to recover any files from my computer because the logon & domain has changed.

In addition to that I have run out of documnet recoveries.

Does this mean I cannot use QV at all now? Because when I create a new file from scratch in QV and save it, I cannot open it again after I have closed it.

The file is created on the same machine and should not be asking for a recovery attempt.

Error messages I am getting are:

Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition license. To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full Qlikview license....

followed by a document failed to load message

followed by a failed to open document message.

Is QV on my PC dead now? I cant even create local files anymore.

I am using QV version 11

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm afraid that's exactly what it means. Recovery attempts should be never used unless strictly necessary. You can try to install QlikView 10 just in case it generates a new key and you are allowed to open your documents. Otherwise, you will need to get a license.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

great. I will uninstall v.11 and install v.10 and let you know how I got on

Not applicable
Author

I have just uninstalled v.11 and installed v10 but I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

It kind of sucs because I should at least be able to create local files and be able to open them on the same PC

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try to uninstall QV again and also make sure that the folders are removed from Program Files. Then remove the registry entries under QlikTech folder. Then restart the system and check the registry again to make sure. And finally reinstall QV and tried to save and re-open the files. I am not sure if this helps but give a try...It worked for me in the past.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Read carefully this document regarding QlikView Personal Edition. You should not be able to open documents you already created even in the same computer as you will see in that document.

Note that QlikView is offering a fully functional software for free, but as any other software, QlikView has its own agreements and EULAs and limitations, to which -of course- you may or may not agree, but please mind your language. If you don't agree, we are open to read and attend your comments as long as they are written in a polite fashion.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

i'm sorry if I ofeended but I dont think "sucks" is an offensive language

Not applicable
Author

I have tried whats you have suggested but it still does not work. I read that v10 & 11 do not store keys in the regitry so I tried intalling v9 but I still get the same problem.

I am not able to open any document.

Any other suggestions pls?