Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Fit Zoom to Window Document Extension

I've gotten a lot of requests for this extension, and it's not perfect, but hopefully it will work for what is needed.

Since there is no "Fit Zoom to Window" option for WebView, I've created a document extension that automatically zooms the QVW contents to fit the browser window.

This extension does not work in Opera since Opera doesn't seem to support zooming or scaling using CSS.  Besides that though, I tested it in all the major browsers and it seemed to work fine.

61 Replies
Not applicable

Brian,

I am new to extensions..how do I use this in my app ?  I want all tabs to be fit to window

Thanks!

Shawn

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

You just have to download the QAR and double click it, then go to Settings -> Document Properties -> Extensions and add the fitToScreen extension.  Then, as long as you're in webview, it should work.

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Brian,

Was hoping to get this up on a server. I see the QAR installs in

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document rather than in the Extension folder. This seems to work fine when using QlikView Developer locally.

To add to the server, I took the contents of the Document Folder and copied it to

ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects I tried a couple of subfolders too here. Note that other extensions i.e QlikView demo extensions work fine.

Any Ideas? Tried IE and Chrome, too.

Brad

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

This is a document extension so it should be in the Extensions\Document folder. You will have to create it manually if it's not there.

You also need to enable extensions on the server in QMC.

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

this is what the ref manual says:

Adding Extensions to QlikView Server (page 113)

To run QlikView Extensions on a QlikView Server, the contents of the Extensions folder have to be copied from %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects to the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects folder on the server.

If the path to the extensions is changed (for example, to a common place for all servers in a cluster), that path must be used instead. Note that the path set corresponds to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions (that is, it does not include \Objects).

Not applicable

That's brilliant

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Small heads-up that everything scales correctly however area selecting inside charts is a bit off.
The area to select inside charts retains it's orginal size before the scaling occured. Take note before putting into prod

Not applicable

Hi Brian i use the extension object and works fine for all users with one exeption, the user has Winodws XP and browse in IE, The Containers Tabs reduce de text in the tabname  and hide the tabs with some tab selections

IE.png

Container.png

Container2.png

Somebody could Help ME

Not applicable

Hi

This extension is great - thanks - but I can't get it to work on ajax on the server. I have saved the extension in the folders you said to save it in and it works if I open Qlikview on the server and look at the qvw on webview but when I open the same model on AccessPoint it does not zoom. I have checked and the security setting on the management console is set to allow extensions. Any other suggestions as to what might be causing it not to work?

Thanks