Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricting dimensions in a table/chart objects

Hi experts,

I have a couple of  questions where I'm sure your inputs would matter a lot. This might be a little time consuming, my apologies for the same.

1. How do I restrict dimensions in a table? Dimension Limits tab does not show when my chart type is set to Table.

2. How do I restrict the Months (Text) dimension to top 5 based on rank/order and I don't have Month_ID(Numeric) in my dimensions?

Example: Dimension has 'Month' (Apr, May Format). 'Cost' and 'volume' as my expressions. Now, I cannot sort and select top 5 months to be displayed in the chart. So I will have to use Month_ID (i.e. 4 for Apr, 5 for May) in the underlying data. But I cannot use it in the dimension or make it visible.

2. How do I restrict the Month_ID(Numberic) to top 5 based Sales Volume (Expression)?

Example: Dimension has 'Month_ID' (4 for Apr Format). 'Cost' and 'volume' as my expressions. Now, I need to sort and top 5 Month_IDs based on Sales Volume of each month.

I have tried using the RANK function as advised by earlier but I'm unable to get the desired results. I might be doing it wrong.

Any help would be great. Thanks again for your help in advance.

~~ Kiran

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kiran,

You can try this similar code in pivot table=sum({$<Month = {"=rank(Month) <= 5"}>}Amount) and put sort by Y-Value-Descending.,

Regrads,

Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kiran,

Can i know which version are you using?

If you are using Qv11 then you can use the Tab "Dimension Limit" and can limit your dimension.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

I'm using Qv11.

Yes, I have used this functionality in charts. However, "Dimension Limit" tab is not available when I select chart type as table. How do I restrict/selective display values in dimension?

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Kiran

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi kiran,

This tab is available in straight table.

Regards,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Thanks again! Yes, I just checked and it's available in straight table. However, it doesn't show up in Pivot table option. But I guess, for my current requirement, straight table does serve the purpose.

Could you please share your inputs for the next two questions? You've been greatly helpful.

Cheers,

Kiran

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kiran,

You can try this similar code in pivot table=sum({$<Month = {"=rank(Month) <= 5"}>}Amount) and put sort by Y-Value-Descending.,

Regrads,

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your valuable time and suggestions.

Regards,

Kiran