Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add Development package into Repository

Hi Community,

I am looking forward to add Development package into Repository, but all the action buttons are diable as describe in image bellowc3.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello MOHAMMED,

In order to get a trial license and FULL version of the software, I am being told that you would need to speak with one of our account managers. I will send you a private message via this channel with whom you should reach out to.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have a server license?

Not applicable
Author

No ,I dont have

Not applicable
Author

I am not an expert but i suppose that you need a server license in order to activate functionallity for

"publishing" projects into the repository...

Which functions are you planning to test and you need to publish a project to the repository?

Not applicable
Author

The free Expressor download is Desktop Edition, which does not include the Repository functionality.

If you want the Repository functionality, you must purchase either the Standard or Enterprise versions if QlikView Expressor.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello MOHAMMED,

First allow me to state the following:

The QlikView Expressor Desktop tool should be fully functional without a license, including the ability to create a deployment package. A license is only needed when deploying (executing) the package on a QlikView Server or Publisher instance. You can execute these processes remotely using the QlikView Expressor Connector to provision data into a QlikView document (requires the dataflow output to be written to QlikView - write QlikView Operator) or by executing the etask.exe (with command line arguments)

Now in regards to storing in a Repository:

When creating a Workspace you have an option to create a local workspace - stores on local disk - or a Repository Workspace - stores on local disk and allows options to commit to version controlled central storage server.

You need to have the paid for or trial version licenses to be used with the FULL version of QlikView Expressor which includes the engine AND the version control Repository. You would install the repository and engine on a machine closest to or on the same QlikView server / publisher machine.

repos5.PNG

Once you have that installed and started your repository  - you can CONVERT your LOCAL workspace to use a Repository Workspace - which will take all of your components and allow you to commit them to be stored in the server side repository.

Click images to enlarge.

repos2.PNG

repos1.PNG

repos4.PNG

repos6.PNG

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

How can i get the trial version license.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Let me check on that Mohammed - I'll be back with you shortly.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello MOHAMMED,

In order to get a trial license and FULL version of the software, I am being told that you would need to speak with one of our account managers. I will send you a private message via this channel with whom you should reach out to.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your hospitality