Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Beginner

Hi,

Actually i was starting to know about data loading in qlik view where i got this statement.

Load @1:2 as ID, @3:25 as Name, @57:80 as City from data4.fix (ansi, fix, no labels, header is 0, record is 80);

Now i am not able to understand,what does @ signifies here and how the load statement will work.

Pls explain.

Thanks,

Azim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sreenivas
Creator III
Creator III

@1:2 is the actual fieldname in the data4.fix and that field name is given with aliasname as and the newfieldname

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sreenivas
Creator III
Creator III

@1:2 is the actual fieldname in the data4.fix and that field name is given with aliasname as and the newfieldname

Not applicable
Author

So in data4.fix we need to check with the names of actual field .In case if there are lot of columns we cant go and create aliases for every column ,Is there any way so that we can generate dynamic names for columns like this in Qlikview?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Abdul,

Please go through the QlikView Reference manual for help on LOAD statement.

Below is the text from the same for the above load statement

1) @fieldnumber represents the field number in a delimited table file. It must be a positive integer preceded by

"@". The numbering is always made from 1 and up to the number of fields.

2) @startpos:endpos represents the start and end positions of a field in a file with fixed length records. The

positions must both be positive integers. The two numbers must be preceded by "@" and separated by a

colon. The numbering is always made from 1 and up to the number of positions. If @startpos:endpos is

immediately followed by the characters I or U, the bytes read will be interpreted as a binary signed (I) or

unsigned (U) integer (Intel byte order). The number of positions read must be 1, 2 or 4. If @startpos:endpos

is immediately followed by the character R, the bytes read will be interpreted as a binary real number (IEEE

32-bit or 64 bit floating point). The number of positions read must be 4 or 8. If @startpos:endpos is immediately

followed by the character B, the bytes read will be interpreted as a BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

numbers according to the COMP-3 standard. Any number of bytes may be specified.

1) Load @1as A, @2 as B from data3.txt' (ansi, txt, delimiter is '\t', no

labels);

2) Load @1:2 as ID, @3:25 as Name, @57:80 as City from data4.fix (ansi,

fix, no labels, header is 0, record is 80);

Above examples 1 and 2 corresponds to statements 1 and 2.

Regards,

Sri

Not applicable
Author

You could use the Qualify statement which appends the table name to all of your column names;

Not applicable
Author

You could use the Qualify statement which appends the table name to all of your column names;

Not applicable
Author

Thnks Sri