Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis with if condition

Hi All,

I have a below set expression this is Calculates variance of max edition - previous edtion for a  year

$(vpreviousVariance)= pick(($(vSlider))/12,avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v12m)) -

avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v12m)),avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v24m)) -

avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v24m)),avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v36m)) -

avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v36m)),avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v48m)) -

avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v48m)),avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v60m)) -

avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v60m)))

I have different  groups(ABC,DEF,XYZ...etc) now i have to extract the variance for each groupfor this am trying to write the if condition for each group like $(vpreviousVariance)= pick(($(vSlider))/12,if(GROUP1='ABC', (avg({<MaxEdition={1}>}$(v12m)) -avg({<PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v12m))),.....rest of the expression.

But its giving wrong result. So how can we combine if condition with set analysis here......

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

PFA file.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

Try like this

$(vpreviousVariance)= pick(($(vSlider))/12,avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, MaxEdition={1}>}$(v12m)) -

avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v12m)),avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, MaxEdition={1}>}$(v24m)) -

avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v24m)),avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, MaxEdition={1}>}$(v36m)) -

avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v36m)),avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, MaxEdition={1}>}$(v48m)) -

avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v48m)),avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, MaxEdition={1}>}$(v60m)) -

avg({<GROUP1={'ABC'}, PreviousEdition={1}>}$(v60m)))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan, Above expression is not working.. and below is the modified expression, here we have to add if condition. please have a look it

=round(pick(($(vSlider))/12,avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v12m)) - avg( $(vX)$(v12m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v24m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v24m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v36m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v36m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v48m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v48m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v60m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v60m) )))

Anil

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this

=round(pick(($(vSlider))/12,avg({$<GROUP1={'ABC'}, EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v12m)) - avg( $(vX)$(v12m) ),
avg({$<GROUP1={'ABC'},  EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v24m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v24m) ),
avg({$<GROUP1={'ABC'},  EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v36m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v36m) ),
avg({$<GROUP1={'ABC'},  EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v48m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v48m) ),
avg({$<GROUP1={'ABC'}, EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v60m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v60m) )))

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan i have tried yours exp but its giving same result as my expression..its not filtering.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Have you tried to check the parts of your expression that you use with pick function? Are they right ?

Or the problem is with picking the right expression.

If so, first get to work  this: =pick(($(vSlider))/12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Not applicable
Author

Yeah i have checked the pick function its correct...problm is data is not filetring based on groups..

whiteline
Master II
Master II

to extract the variance for each group

Could you explain a bit more what  you meant ?

What is GROUP1 and how it's connected with your data.

Not applicable
Author

=round(pick(($(vSlider))/12,avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v12m)) - avg( $(vX)$(v12m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v24m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v24m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v36m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v36m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v48m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v48m) ),
avg({$<EditionMonth = {$(#=Only(EditionMonth))}>}$(v60m)) - avg( $(vX) $(v60m) )))

This expression is calculating the variance of all types of vehicle and here we are taking last 5 year sales values for this i have created 5 variables i.e.V12m,V24m..V60m.

And the above expression is calculating selected month-Previous month.

What i want is as i said we have different types of vehicles, now  i want the variance for particular vehicle type, so i want like if condition to filter the above expression for particular vehicle type. GROUP1 dimenison have the vehicle types.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Ok.

As i see, in other words, you calculate the difference between one avarage and another average for a specified period of time.

And now you want to calculate it without making a selection in GROUP1 field (as user) just using set analysis.

Does It gives the right result if you just select one value from GROUP1 ?

What values have variables vX and v12m ?