Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Alerts

Do I need QV Publisher to get email alerts to work?

I have an alert that works fine in the development environment, but when I post it on the server it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Cori

16 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Vlad,

There is some ongoing  confusion on this. Since V9, OnPostReload has fired for server reloads -- but can't run macros. This is where much of the confusion comes from, because people generally want to run a macro in this trigger.

I note that both the latest V9 & V10 doc say not to use the trigger OnPostReload in server. So that's probably good advice. However, I don't think OnPostReload Alerts are included in this restriction. I know a lot of people sucessfully use the alert in the blog post.

-Rob

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Rob, that's good to know, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One of my clients has used OnPostReload and OnPostReduce Alert triggers since V9. In V11, we are noticing that OnPostReload triggers still work, but OnPostReduce triggers do not work in a loop and reduce scenario. I can't find anything in the Server/Pub manual on this (specific to Alerts) so I'm not sure if it is a bug or WAD.
-Phil

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

I read your interesting posts on e-mail alerting. I have the same problem.

I am trying to run an e-mail alert from a Small Business Edition Server (without Publisher License) of a document when reloading the document. Still it doesn't work.

On the contrary the e-mail alert works fine if I run it in Desktop license. I also tested for sending of an e-mail from server as a test and it works fine.

Do I need the Publisher License to do this or is it due to other configuration that I might have to check?

Thank you in advance.

Ilaria

Not applicable
Author

Ilaria - I also find that alerts do not fire OnPostReload in QVS SBE (Small Business Edition).  However, I can successfully do this in the Enterprise version of QVS.  So I would suggest that upgrading to Enterprise would allow your alerts to fire, and that Publisher is not required.

Tammy

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Tammy.

This is quite a bad news for me bacause I have a SBE license.