Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Permanent Bundle

Hi,

can anyone tell me if it's possible to load a set of images into a qvw, only once, rendering them part of the builtin internal files of the document, please?

I have to distribute only the qvw without the .png files I need during the development. I can't convert them into SQL blob data type so, if a customer lacks of images, reloads the document, it can't work. I would load .png files from file system once and for all, independently from future reloadings.

I'm sorry for my english.

Many thanks in advance.

Max

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

take any chart add dimensions and any dummy expression and go to properties of the chart and in the color tab add the path where exactly the image is there in the dynamic image option available. see the attached image and application for your referecne . Let me know if this helps you.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick answer Vinay but perhaps I did not make myself clear.

I refer to png files in a text box's expression with something like this:

=if(count(distinct Field1) = 1, if(condition = true, 'qmem://IDImg/1', 'qmem://IDImg/2'),'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/question.png')

Images 1 and 2 are loaded in development from my file system but if I release the document without these files, when customers reload the qvw reading their databases, only the last builtin image is available (//<bundled>/BuiltIn/question.png).

I'd like to personalize the directory of QV bundled images (arrows, smileys, questions, etc.) with my owns.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Max,

Check the code and application in this post about BUNDLE LOAD and storing images and files within the QVW. Further info in this thread.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

your suggestion is just the way i follow, thanks.

This is the script i use to load images:

BUNDLE LOAD * INLINE [

IDImg, NameImg

1, OK_1.png

2, NO_1.png];

I have no problem to make it works.

I'd like to know, if it's possible, how to render my qvw free from png files once I'll give it to my customers.

I need to distibute only qvw files without any other support file (like png).

Future customers' reloadings will delete personalized images if I don't distribute also these png files.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Max,

Yes, of course. Once you have loaded those PNG files you don't need to reload them each time a reload is scheduled. Just comment that part, and the images will be still there, so they will work just fine. I mean, once you have bundled, the information should be there even if you comment the next time. Is that right?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

really it's not right.

If I comment the script part responsable of loading images, after document reloading it doesn't work, as in the qvw posted below.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I see,

That makes sense actually. Then you should have to add a new folder with the images in the customers server, so when they reload, as you would need if you want to load an Excel file that is not there.

You can use IsPartialReload() function to avoid executing some parts of the script but keeping the tables in memory, although it will take harder to maintain, basically by adding ADD or REPLACE (depending on what you want to keep or replace) to all LOAD sentences. I think honestly that sending a PNG folder to be stored into the Server should do just fine and avoid further issues.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Using REPLACE ONLY is a good idea but I'd allow only partial reloads and this could be problematic.

Adding an image folder in my customers' servers would be complicated to maintain because tipical end users of my qvws "play" with them downloading files from server to their local machines, and reloading those using different odbc than the connector existent in server machine (the database isn't necessary installed on the computer where QVS is hosted and many customers have only a single client installation, without server). So there isn't an absolute path I can take as reference and the link with the image folder would be lost when a document is moved away from server.

Thanks anyway for your help and sorry again for my english!

Max