Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wildcard in Table Name

Hi,

I have had a look around and couldnt find any answers to this question (and I have never used QV to pull from databases before) so sorry if this is already covered somewhere. 

I am trying to pull call history data out of a contact centre dialling program.  It saves the call history in a table for each day, so to look at a lot of history I need to upload many tables. 

eg.  table names are call_history010512 and call_history010612 etc.  I have over a year of data, so I dont really want to go through and select them individually if I can avoid it. 

is it possible to use a wildcard in a table name in order to upload the same fields from all tables? 

eg.  If I try "call_history*"  it comes back saying that the specified table (call_history) is not in the database. 

Thanks for any advice you can give me. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My advice would be load the list of table which start with "call_history" (in oracle select * from all_tables where table_name like 'CALL_HISTORY%') into qlikview.

Run a loop in this table to into the master table. Sample code goes like this.

TableNames:

SQL SELECT TABLE_NAME as tables from ....;

For a = 0 to NoOfRows('TableNames')

vtableName = Peek('tables',$(a),'TableNames');

CallHistory:

SQL Select * from $(vtableName);

Next

Regards,

Kiran.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hai Any one can explain what is this problem while doing qlikview 11 instalation

1.bmp

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My advice would be load the list of table which start with "call_history" (in oracle select * from all_tables where table_name like 'CALL_HISTORY%') into qlikview.

Run a loop in this table to into the master table. Sample code goes like this.

TableNames:

SQL SELECT TABLE_NAME as tables from ....;

For a = 0 to NoOfRows('TableNames')

vtableName = Peek('tables',$(a),'TableNames');

CallHistory:

SQL Select * from $(vtableName);

Next

Regards,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kiran, That suggestion worked perfectly.  I appreciate you taking the time to help out.