Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Importing from an Excel Spreadsheet

I'm looking to export data from an Excel spreadsheet into QlikView, but the import process doesn't seem to read a formula as a value. For example, I've got a formula =A1+B1+C1+D1 which is read in as blank.

Is there a way to inform the script to read the value of the column rather than the formula? (which is what I assume it's doing)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue: turns out the version of the spreadsheet I had was out of date, and the current version has referencing issues all over the place. Thanks anyway Johannes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It should read the value (i.e. not the expression) by default.

Maybe you can attach a subset of the Excel file to the thread?

Not applicable
Author

I just tried to replicate the spreadsheet in excel and it worked fine. The spreadsheet I have to use is protected; does that have any effect on QlikView reading the value of the column that is a formula?

EDIT: When testing the value with IsNull, I get a -1 for each field suggesting that I can't use formula results from a protected sheet.

Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue: turns out the version of the spreadsheet I had was out of date, and the current version has referencing issues all over the place. Thanks anyway Johannes.

Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

I have question, can i make import for excel file from end users (from web browser).

Thanks.