Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Version 11 SR1 and Windows Server 2012???

Has anyone installed Qlikview Server Version 11 SR1 on a Windows Server 2012 operating system?  If so, is Qlikview compatiable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView does not support a new OS until it is release and then it might be the next  SR to do it. Being Server 2012 is using IIS 8 QlikView will not see IIS installed and will not give you the option to use it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
dde
Employee
Employee

Compatible I don't know but it certainly wouldn't be supported by QlikTech.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView does not support a new OS until it is release and then it might be the next  SR to do it. Being Server 2012 is using IIS 8 QlikView will not see IIS installed and will not give you the option to use it.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Is Windows Server 2012 supported by QV 11 SR2?

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

If there is an update on this before the official 2012 release, please let us know. We're migrating our servers to 2012 and are, so far, unable to get QV server to work.  We don't want to have a single 2008 server around solely to support Qlikview.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView doesn't look to support a OS until it is officially released.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

We currently have troubles installing QV 11 SR2 on our (4) Qlikview-servers running on Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 (this should work following the reference manual but even a Qliktech tech-expert couldn't get it to work).

Due to bugs in QV 11 SR1, we are now forced to update to QV 11 SR2 and while Qlikview 11 SR2 doesn't support Windows server 2012, we have to upgrade 4 servers from Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 to Windows server 2008 R2. Lots of hours will be spend on installing a relatively old version of Windows server, fearing that a next version of Qlikview will require Win Server 2012 and not support 2008 R2.

@Bill, Can you give us a (approximate) releasedate for a version or service-release that supports Windows server 2012?

dde
Employee
Employee

Windows 2008 R2 is not relatively old, Windows 2012 has only just been released!  I'm actually surprised how many admins are trying to install it already without waiting to see how stable it is in the wild but I guess that shows how much better Microsoft's QA is since NT4 days!  🙂

I'm not expecting 11.2 IR to support Windows 2012 (based on the Beta so not an official statement) so you have a little while to go I'm afraid.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing I have been told is a future release..

Bill

raz-datamind
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Bill,

Any updates on this issue, as server 2012 is now official?

Thanks,

Raz