Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to use anonymous users with NTFS / QlikView Web Server ?

Hi,

do you know if it's possible to use anonymous users (on a QlikView Server 10 SR4 Enterprise Editions with Sessions CALs) on a qvw,

while I'm using NTFS security (so there's no Authorization Tab where I can select Anonymous users), and I'm using QlikView Web Server (no IIS, so no IQVS_ .. user to use in the qvw NTFS security) ?

Best regards

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, if your license will allow it and you have session Cals.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer,

but in this case, how can I do this ? Because, if I want to allow anonymous, as I'm using NTFS mode, I'm supposed to add the "Anonymous user" in the security settings of the qvw file, but ... it doesn't exists??

(with IIS, It exists a IQVS user which represent such an "Anonymous user" but, here, I'm using the QlikView Web Server).

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is an old document that I wrote up on doing this. It hasn't been updated and isn't supported, but it should give you a little help.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.