Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent need help on sending Qlikview reports in any exported format to users Email.

Hi All, right know i got a requirement from our users that i need to export data in the either pdf of excel or any other presentable format and send that information to their Emails on a scduled basis . Can that option is available in Qlikview . If that is available how can we do that. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here is your example set up for you to enter the email addresses. I have not automated mine before (I just use a button) but I imagine you can use the Document Triggers to schedule the macro to run or build it into the macro code itself. Sorry I am not much help with that, but hopefully this will be a start for you.

View solution in original post

44 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If the title bar of graphics has xl option to export data to Excel.

I hope to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gregoria, thank you for your response i know the that option. but my issue is that data needs to be exported automatically and Email distribution also should be taken care by Qlikview itself.

Not applicable
Author

You can use a macro similar to this one. However this one is not set up to automatically run, so you would need to add that.

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my answer, look that http://community.qlik.com/thread/56007

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

QlikView can do this but you will need QlikView Publisher and the PDF Report Distribution as well as the QlikView Server itself.

If you just have the server there is a product called NPrinting (disclosure - we are a UK partner!) which is an add-on to QlikView and can schedule email distribution of both PDF and Excel. Go to www.nprinting.com to download a trial if you wish. You will be able to locate local partners there also who can help.

Also, if you search the forums you will likely find other people creating macros to send emails of QlikView reports out although you'd need to do a bit of work to sort that out and maintain it yourself.

Regards,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca, thank you for your response. another question i have is how can we automate the exporting and sending that information in the form of Email. For easy purpose i have attached a sample document which as a straight table . how can i export that table information with the macro and automate that process can you please help me with that...

Not applicable
Author

Here is your example set up for you to enter the email addresses. I have not automated mine before (I just use a button) but I imagine you can use the Document Triggers to schedule the macro to run or build it into the macro code itself. Sorry I am not much help with that, but hopefully this will be a start for you.

Not applicable
Author

Also, make sure you select 'Allow any Macros' upon opening and also select the following under Tools > Edit Module:

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca thank you for your help on this. Quick question i have is when i open this application in my qlikview desktop and enter email in the Email input box and then when i click on the button (Email report) it is opening the macro code. Please let me know if i am missing anything.