Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent need help on sending Qlikview reports in any exported format to users Email.

Hi All, right know i got a requirement from our users that i need to export data in the either pdf of excel or any other presentable format and send that information to their Emails on a scduled basis . Can that option is available in Qlikview . If that is available how can we do that. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinay

44 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I mean through access point.

Not applicable
Author

I've only ever used Access Point with IE plug-in, and it works fine, but without the plug-in you may run in to problems with not being able to create the Excel application. Not sure, just speculating...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please see the screen shot when i am clicking on the button i am getting the following error please let me know if i am missing anything madam.

Not applicable
Author

That's what I figured. 😕 You will need the plug-in. Sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok I will let you know once i try in the plug in mode.

Not applicable
Author

I am using the above code but I am getting an error object needed ' v '..............Can anyone help me out......

Not applicable
Author

In the macro above, v is referencing a variable name.  You would have to adjust the variable name in the script to meet your purposes.  Do you have a sample file and I can show you?

Not applicable
Author

The variable name is here:

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Tq its working.....Awesome.......Can you please explain me how can I use this code in other application...........Can you specify wat all changes I have to make........for example if I have this qvw attached.....how can I email that chart......

Not applicable
Author

It really depends on your desired output.  In this example, the user enters his or her email address in the input box, which sets the variable "EmailAddress".  If you wanted the email address to be static, you could write that in the macro instead of having a variable.  Another way I have done it is with a box that pops up and asks the user for their email address when they click 'Email Report'.  At the bare minimum, you would need to change the table name (ex. "CH01") and the variable name for it to work for your purposes.  If you have a sample file, and can explain exactly what you want to happen, I would be able to offer more help.