Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution Folder Path - Setting Parameters

Hi all,

I've got a question. Anyone knows how I could set the folder path based on a qvw field value, when setting the distribution folder for a pdf file?

Capture.PNG

best regards,

Francisco

8 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I believe you can do that in the reduce tab part, where you set the name.

Just set the target folder to the root folder and distribute to the fieldname including the subfoders, something like fieldvalue\something.qvw and folder is c:\qlikview, so it will get distributed to c:\qlikview\somevalue\something.qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thaks for your reply, it seems the right way, however it's not returning the expected outcome:

a.png

I opened the reduce tab and clicked in the Reduced Document Name Template option:

b.png

I added the \ between all the fields I wanted to be part of the resulting path. The expected outcome would be that all files would go to a folder like:

%DocumentField,AAA% \ %MM% \%DocumentField,BBBBBBBB%\ %SourceDocumentName%%yy%_%MM%_%dd%_%HH%_%mm%

Instead, it replaced the \ for _:

c.png

Do you think this is a qlikview bug?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, I'm not sure, can you delete the extra spaces and try again?

Not applicable
Author

... unfortunatelly it does not work. I've also tryed other ways of doing the same thing:

%DocumentField,AAA%%MM%\\%DocumentField,BBBBBBBB%\\%SourceDocumentName%%yy%_%MM%_%dd%_%HH%_%mm%

%DocumentField,AAA%%MM%/%DocumentField,BBBBBBBB%/%SourceDocumentName%%yy%_%MM%_%dd%_%HH%_%mm%

%DocumentField,AAA%%MM%//%DocumentField,BBBBBBBB%//%SourceDocumentName%%yy%_%MM%_%dd%_%HH%_%mm%

I can't find any documentation on this. By the look of the 'Reduced Document Name Template' screen, it seems a standard feature of the software. I gess I will have to report this as a bug.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Have you tried creating the folders? it might be that it won't create the folders.

Not applicable
Author

Also tryed that, but didn't work...

d.PNG

I also tryed another thing. On the distribute sheet, I set the folder to c:\teste\%DocumentField,AAA% \ %MM% \%DocumentField,BBBBBBBB%\, but it created a folder with the name %DocumentField,AAA% inside folder teste.

Not applicable
Author

This really seems a non-feature. Unfortunatelly, the documentation provided in the download page is also very poor.

We will have to submit this issue to QlikTech under our license agreement. Will give feedback once it's solved.

Regards,

Francisco

Not applicable
Author

Also the option "\" in the Reduced Document Name Template dialog is totally unuseful,

all specials chars are traslated in "_" char.

Cattura.PNG