Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Axes in QlikView

Hi all,

I'm working with some data now that requires a chart object. The chart I want to create looks like:

first graph.png

However, the data I've got is the Unit (as a Dimension) and then a calculation across each expression. The calculations which make up these expressions are 7 basic sums using Sum() (e.g. Sum(A). Putting this together gives the graph below.

second graph.png

As you can see, the axes are kind of reversed. How can I achieve my desired graph? Is it possible with QlikView? I've tried switching what I have for the expressions with the calculations, but that won't work as the dimension must be the Unit in order to perform the calculations (or so it would seem!)

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue by using a CrossTable function to change the way my data is loaded. This makes things easier, rather than trying to perform functions on the fly. Thanks for the help whiteline.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please share a piece of data on which you require this graph..
That will be more convenient.

Thanks

Mayank

Not applicable
Author

The data as in the spreadsheet/database import I'm using? I'm afraid not. Essentially, all it consists of is rows containing the Unit and a flag stating where in the clearance process the Unit is. e.g.

Unit    SubUnit    Stage 1     Stage 2     Stage 3     Stage 4     Stage 5

A           1             0                 0               1               0               0

A           2             0                 1               0               0               0

A           3             0                 1               0               0               0

B           1             0                 0               0               0               1

B           2             0                 0               0               0               1

So Unit A would have a value of 1 for Stage 3, and 2 for Stage 2. That should make sense in line with the graphs provided

whiteline
Master II
Master II

You can't display x-axis from a set of expressons.

You could add synthetic dimension with valuelist() and then transform your expressions into one with a pick() function.

Not applicable
Author

The point that you've raised about the x-ais is useful, thanks.

Can I create a table in the script of the sums, as opposed to using valuelist? Unless I'm just using valuelist() wrong, as I'm trying to do something like the below:

=ValueList(Sum(Spreadsheet.Field1),Sum(Spreadsheet.Field2),...etc)

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Yes, you're using it in a wrong way, I think (look at help).

You should use it as Calculated dimension:

=ValueList('References sent', 'References received', ...)

And then you can use expression:

=pick(rowno(), Sum(Spreadsheet.Field1), Sum(Spreadsheet.Field2))

Of course its always possible to transform your data model in script properly.

Not applicable
Author

I've resolved the issue by using a CrossTable function to change the way my data is loaded. This makes things easier, rather than trying to perform functions on the fly. Thanks for the help whiteline.