Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Want to fix value to just data from one year

Hi,

I'm writing a report to show the cost of delivering a service dependant on staff costs. I have loaded data from a timesheet app for 2011, and then decided that number of mins worked / annual salary = cost per minute (there's probably a million reasons why this is flawed but let's just stick to the QlikView stuff).

So I have created a variable called costPerMinute2011 and inserted the following expression into it.

=

num(sum({$<ProNetSummaryYear={2011}>}SalaryWithOnCost)/sum({$<ProNetSummaryYear={2011}>}ProNetSummaryMinutes),0.00)

If I select the name of a specific employee I get back the value I would expect.

But if I want to see data for a specific month, and I change the value of ProNetSummaryMonth to 'August', for example, the value of the variable changes and it's massively over inflating the costs.

I don't really understand what's going on here - can anyone offer some advice?

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

But if I want to see data for a specific month, and I change the value of ProNetSummaryMonth to 'August', for example, the value of the variable changes and it's massively over inflating the costs.

I don't really understand what's going on here - can anyone offer some advice?

Are you selecting the month in a list box or are you changing your variable expression to the Month?

It would be helpful if you could post a small sample app here to the forum demonstrating your issue - at least try to explain how your datamodel looks like, with some sample lines of data and your expected outcome.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Think I sorted it - I modified the expression to look at Year = 2011, Month = {January, February, ..., December}, Day = {1,2,3,...,31} and now it has fixed the value regardless of what else I change on the sheet. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Think I sorted it - I modified the expression to look at Year = 2011, Month = {January, February, ..., December}, Day = {1,2,3,...,31} and now it has fixed the value regardless of what else I change on the sheet. Thanks.