Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using EXTERNAL EVENT ON A reload option as in QlikView Server Small Business Edition

I the need to run a module. qvw that obtains the files. QVD when running presents an event. The event in question is the presence of a particular file in a particular folder.

how can I handle this event by using the EXTERNAL EVENT ON A scheduled reload in?

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Marco,

Sorry if I didn't get you but the external event is used to execute a task not from the QMC but from a button or a .BAT file, meaning that, although the task must be defined in the QMC, you don't schedule it. It only works when you call it using an external application.

I don't know if you already have a service running that checks for the existence of that file, and then is able to send a command to QlikView?

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I currently have a. bat that checks the existence of the file in the folder and performs a series of modules. qvw but using a local client.

How do I send a command to QMC?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Marco,

You have a sample .EXE program and its source code here. Download it and you will find a simple command tool that will allow you to ask the QlikView Server to lauch a task sending the task name and password.

Hope that helps.

Miguel