Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alejo13qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

ListBox selection does not impact on graph

Hi everyone,

I began working with QV not long ago and hace come to an issue, my document has various ListBoxes as filters and a Chart that reflects data based on the filters selected.

There is only one ListBox that does not produce the same result as the others, whenever you select a value on it everything is affected by that selection with the exception of the graph which would not react at all.

The graph has a cyclic group dimmension and expressions for each data to be presented, I would greatly appreaciate any advise, suggestion on steps to follow.

Many Thanks,

Alejo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alejo13qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

Just in case some one else falls into something similar the way to get this solved was to load the same field with an alias, and now it is working fine.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Alejo,

Did you check the set analysis part of the chart's expressions?

It might be either ignoring any selection made in that specific listbox (name of the field followed by just an equal sign) as sum({$<Field1= >} Amount)

Or setting a specific a value for that field as sum({$<Field1 = {'value'}>} Amount)

Hope this helps.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you post the expression used in the chart and listbox field name, so that it would be easier to analyse.  Also check your expression, if it having the expression like this

=Sum({<FieldName=>} Sales)  - In this FieldName selection is ignored

=Sum({<FieldName={'*'}>} Sales)  - In this FieldName selection is ignored

=Sum({1} Sales)  - In this all selections are ignored

Check whether this field is connected to the fields in this chart, or it is island.

Check whether there is any Alternate State applied to the drop down or in the chart expression.

Hope this hels you.

Regards,

Jagan.

alejo13qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jagan & JP,

Thanks for your responses and suggestions.

I forgot to mention that th eexpression uses Set Modifier:

Count({<Q15_1={'Satisfied','Very Satisfied'}>}SI_Number)/

Count({<Q15_1={'Satisfied','Very Satisfied','Dissatisfied','Neutral','Somewhat Satisfied','Very Dissatisfied','Somewhat Dissatisfied'}>}SI_Number)

No alternate state is being used in the document and the listbox is only dissasociated with the chart because whenever a value is selected every other object changes based in that selection.

thanks,

Alejo

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And which field are you displaying in the list box? Q15_1? If so, you are overriding the selection in your set modifier, but I think you are aware of that. If it is another field, then the answer might be a bit more complex. Could you post a sample here to ther forum (upload available in advanced editor)?

alejo13qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi swuehl,

The listbox shows Q15_1 and I am aware of the exclusion in the expression set modifier, attached is a view of the chart and the listbox.

I have been trying to override that modifier, let me know if this is what you were asking.

thanks,

Alejo.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As always, it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

For example

Count({<Q15_1 *= {'Satisfied','Very Satisfied'}>}SI_Number)/

Count({<Q15_1 *= {'Satisfied','Very Satisfied','Dissatisfied','Neutral','Somewhat Satisfied','Very Dissatisfied','Somewhat Dissatisfied'}>}SI_Number)

using intersection operator *, you can still consider your selections, as long as you selected one of the listed values.

Or you can just remove 'N/A' from the set using - operator:

Count({<Q15_1 ={'Satisfied','Very Satisfied'}>} SI_Number)/

Count({<Q15_1 -= {'N/A'}>} SI_Number)

Or maybe something completely different...

alejo13qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

Just in case some one else falls into something similar the way to get this solved was to load the same field with an alias, and now it is working fine.