Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Null Values Not Showing

Hi All,

I have a question that should be obvious, but nothing seems to work.  I have a straight table with the following dimensions:

Project_ID

Title

CategoryDesc

Manager

Status

=Date(Start_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')

=Date(End_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')

And the following expression:

=Date(End_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')-Date(Start_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')

However, there are values in my chart in which start time and end time are null, and these do not show up in the graph.  Suppress Null values is not selected on any of the dimensions. I need all the values to show up, even when there is no start or end time. I tried this for the expression, but it did not work either:

=if(IsNull(Start_Time)=-1,'0',Date(End_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')-Date(Start_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY'))

If I add another expression like this, all the data shows up:

=If(IsNull(Start_Time)=-1,'Null','Not Null')

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Ok,

Have you unchecked the checkbox 'Supress Zero-Values' on Presentation tab ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Is for particular start time and end time have values? if both null start and end time value means?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

In most cases there is a value for both Start Time and End Time. Some have no Start Time and no End Time, and these are the items that don't show up.  In the future, there may be some records with Start Times but no End Times. I will need all the records to show, regardless of whether there is a start time, end time, or neither.

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

=if(IsNull(Start_Time)=-1,'0', if(IsNull(End_Time) = -1, '0', Date(End_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')-Date(Start_Time,'MM/DD/YYYY')))

Hope that helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

The nulls are still now showing up. I am at a loss.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Use len() = 0, instead of isnull. And also try like this, Date(num(End_time)-num(Start_time),'MM/DD/YYYY')

Try interval#() or interval() function too

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Tried it. i wonder if there is something with the SQL load? I have attached two Excel files: one is what the data looks like when I include the nulls (using If(IsNull(start_time),'Null','Not Null')) and the other is without that extra expression.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Could you provide table structure of the fields mentioned above ?

Not applicable
Author

Here is a snapshot of the table viewer:

Capture.JPG

The only data I am using is from the SysAid_Project table.

Not applicable
Author

Forgot the attachments.