Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Resident Load and Cross Table from loaded SQL

Hello

I was wondering if someone could kindly show me, with the

example below how I would be able to create a cross table through a resident load so that I can calculate the median and count on fields such as [Total Wait] from a loaded SQL statement?

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think your SELECT statement is good the way it is.

To create this type of table, you should create a chart (pivot table) where you use your month as dimension and Median([Total Wait]) and Count([Total Wait]) as Expressions.

Then you can drag and drop the columns/dimensions in the pivot table to make it look the way you want.

HIC

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello

Thank you for your advice

I forgot to mention that I would numerous calculations under numerous headings to add to the pivot table and the above is just an example,  and therefore was looking at creating a cross table and then making a pivot table upon my cross table

I was looking for the technique of how to create a cross table from a resident load

If you are able to assist on this, then that would be great!

Thanks

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello

Thank you for your advice

I forgot to mention that I would numerous calculations under numerous headings to add to the pivot table and the above is just an example,  and therefore was looking at creating a cross table and then making a pivot table upon my cross table

I was looking for the technique of how to create a cross table from a resident load

If you are able to assist on this, then that would be great!

Thanks

Helen

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think that this type of crosstable should be made in the layout and not in the script, also if you have several headings and several calculations. The data model is optimal if you have the different months as field values in one single column. Then a pivot table is perfect for displaying this as a crosstable.

However, should you still want do it in the script, then you should look at the "Generic" prefix. It takes field values and converts these to field names and uses the value of another column as field values. Then you will get the separate months as separate fields.

HIC