Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview integration with SAP Query Connector

We are using Qlikview SAP Connector to fetch data from SAP through Query Connector. The data however is huge and since the Qlikview query connector runs the query in foreground on SAP server, it gets time out.

How can we run the query through SAP Query Connector in back ground. My client does not permit me to use any other mode of fetching data through SAP.

8 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

it gets time out becasue sap connector have weak performance in query extractor and responsetime of sap system is too high .

I experienced that sometimes it extract only 500 records in 5 hours of time. and client will never accept it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for getting back on the query. My question is, can I forcefully make it a background job in SAP. It may consume any amount of time.

Any query fired through Query connector or any scheduled qvw runs a query in SAP foreground which is something I don’t want.

gmu
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi.

I am facing the exact same issue.

has anybody found a way to run the query as a background process?

Thanks.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

I'm getting this error after I click on "Queries" button inside QlikView Desktop Script Editor.

Take a look below:

sap_01.png

Can someone help me to understand what's happening and how to solve it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Andrea

suniljain
Master
Master

I think its because of authorization issue in SAP. because you are not able to see even query.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrea

You need to assign the SAP User for the Connector in the Query User Group in SQ01

Thanks

Yaniv

daniel_f
Creator
Creator

hi,

i'm using the new connector 5.8 and trying to get some reports but i've a different question:

in the sap report (query) i have some export option as

"Display as Table"

"Spreadsheet"

"ABAP List"

"SAP List Viewer"

and others...

how can i ask in script to use one of them? is this selection should be a part of the saved variant?

thanks,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

these options are for query result display in SAP.

it's not relevant for QV connector (which extracts the data, and has nothing to do with layout in SAP)