Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgy
Employee
Employee

Aggregating over a calculated dimension

I have a chart that shows counts of invoices over 2 dimensions- Quarter, and a calculated dimention called Deal Size.  I would like to show the Invoice Count as a percent of total.  This would normally be as easy as selecting the "Relative" checkbox on the expressions tab of my chart, but when I use that method it actually shows the percent of the total invoices across all quarters.  I would like it to show the percent of invoices for each given quarter, meaning each quarter adds up to 100%.

I was hoping I could solve this with the aggr function, but I would need to aggregate over my calculated dimension which does not seem to work.  I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to do this, but I was unable to find an existing thread on this topic.

I've attached an example of my chart, thanks in advance for any help with this!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try this:

Count(DISTINCT [Invoice #])/Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Posting Quarter]> [Invoice #])

Don't set it to relative.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try this:

Count(DISTINCT [Invoice #])/Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Posting Quarter]> [Invoice #])

Don't set it to relative.

dgy
Employee
Employee
Author

That did it!  THANK YOU!