Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ports in the Firewall (DMZ)

Hello all,
I'm using version 11 282 SR1 QlikView to create the topology of the figure below:
Forum.jpg
     There are two moments, first I need to make it work without SSL (hhtps), second with SSL. I have several questions setup, but now I need to know are the firewall settings (protocol ports, and direction). Internet - DMZ / DMZ - QV.
     I checked the manual and I have my guesses, but as changes in the client firewall only happens once a month, I can not lose.
      Some details:
                         - The use SERVER_DMZ IIS
                         - The 2 servers (SERVER_DMZ and SERVER_QV) will use the same AD            
Any help is welcome.
               Thank you,
3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is a hard question based on your design about. However, I will try to answer. The IIS server has to have port 4747 open to the QlikView server. Each webserver will need port 80 and 443 (I think you said you want both SSL traffic and non SSL traffic to webservers).

This is what QlikView needs. Now there are other issues you might run into like the posts needed for AD to work and anyother Windows communications.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

First I want to thank you for the response.
About your reply I understand that I must open to the AccessPoint running on port 80 and 443 (SSL) and port 4747 in SERVER_DMZ is this? But I also SERVER_QV should not open the doors? 4747/4774?

Thank you,

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, I really don't think you need 4774 open. I would try just opening 4747 and see what issues you have.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.