Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GMail setting not worked in Mail server Qlikview 11

Hi

I have Google Apps domain account for the Email. I am trying to setup gmail Email server setup in Qlikview 11 Server butt it dos't work.help me to resolve this issue . my Email server setup is as below 

smtp.gmail.com

rizwan@tallymarks.co

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Gmail uses SSL to connect and QlikView doesn't. So you can either use another account, from a server that doesn't require encryption, like yahoo, or use a tool like stunnel to act as a bridge between the two.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Gmail uses SSL to connect and QlikView doesn't. So you can either use another account, from a server that doesn't require encryption, like yahoo, or use a tool like stunnel to act as a bridge between the two.

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It worked on QV 10, selecting AUTH LOGIN in User preferences.

Is there smthg new with QV11?

Thx

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, and gmail won't work in QV10 either.

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

OK thanks.

It's a pity. I was used to received alerts via Gmail  and it worked very well. 😞

cheers

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Nothing changed, you can use gmail to receive alerts, but it won't be able to connect via SMTP.

thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Daniel, I don't follow you. If I can't connect by SMTP anymore, what should I use?

I still have to enter an adress !?!

Thx for your help

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You need an SMTP to send the email from, that doesn't use SSL, like yahoo, your companies own smtp or even the one that comes with IIS.

You also need an email address to send the email to.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can try to use Stunnel to make it work. I have tested this an it appears to work without issues. Attached is a showing how to do it for Gmail.

Note: This is not supported by QlikView..

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
thierrytt1102
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

thank you for your help.

I still doesn't understand why it is not supported anymore. I was working with the same version of QV, didn't upgrade or reinstall. The last email alert I received was on the 6th of June 2012. 

Thank you