Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to configure Qlikview 10 IIS Web Server (Accesspoint) on different computer ?

Hi,

I wonder is there a document about it.

Thank you.

14 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if there's any document about it, but here's a step-by-step that should get you through for v10:

QVS Machine

• Make sure the above Domain account is a member of the Local Administrators group
  • Perform a full install, single server installation
  • Use the Domain account created above when prompted during install
  • Follow the steps in the manual
  • Verify the above Domain account is a member of the group QlikView Administrators
  • Start services in Windows Services. (If logged on with the Domain account running the services, first log off and back on to update the group membership)
  • License the server.
  • Make sure firewall is not blocking port 4747
  • Check that all is OK, you can access/open a document on the QVS through  local AccessPoint

IIS Machine

• Make sure IIS is installed and working / can be accessed
  • Make sure .NET Framework 3.5 is installed
  • Make sure  the above Domain account is a member of the group Local Administrators
  • If running IIS 6, make sure the above Domain account is a member of the group IIS_WPG
  • Perform a custom installation of QlikView Server, select to install IIS Support and Client Files
  • Verify the above Domain account is used as the application pool identity for the QlikView application pool in IIS

Post configurations

• Test the URL http://<IIS Machinename>/QvAjaxZfc/AccesspointSettings.aspx in IE on the QVS machine and make sure it can be accessed. Make sure that IE detects it as being in the Intranet  Zone. If not, add the IIS Machine name to the Intranet Zone. There should not be any logon prompt, just a message saying “POST request without contents, can’t process!”
  • On the QVS Machine, Open the QEMC
  • Open System (tab) > Setup (tab) > Select the QlikView Web Servers folder icon in the tree
  • Change the URL to:
    http://<IIS Machinename>/QvAjaxZfc/AccesspointSettings.aspx.
  • Click Apply
  • Select the Server located under the QlikView Web Servers folder icon
  • You will now be able to set further settings (more tabs available)
  • Select the General tab. Make sure Directory Service Connector is connected
  • Select the AccessPoint tab
  • Make sure QVS is connected under Server Connections

Not applicable
Author

thank you very much. it will be very helpful. But our iis machine will not be in domain. In this case how must i changethe configuration above.

Thanks Again.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

In that case you can do the following:

QVS Machine

• Create a local account on the QVS machine. Make sure this account is a member of Local Administrator group and QlikView Administrators group
  • Change QlikView Management Service to run using the local account created
  • Make sure no firewall is blocking the following ports: 4747, 4730 (DSC)
  • Check that all is OK, you can access/open a document on the QVS through local AccessPoint

IIS Machine

• Create a local account on the IIS machine with the exact same name and password as the account on the QVS. Make sure this account is also a member of Local Administrator Group as well as the group IIS_WPG if running IIS 6
  • Perform a custom installation of QVS on IIS and use the above account during installation, or change the application pool account on IIS to use the above account, if you already did the QVS installation.
  • Verify the local account being a member of QlikView Administrators group. If not, add it.
  • Once installed locate config.xml in %ProgramData%\Qliktech\WebServer.
  • Edit this file and change

<QvsAuthenticationProt>Negotiate</QvsAuthenticationProt>

to

<QvsAuthenticationProt>NTLM</QvsAuthenticationProt>

• Also change

<LinkMachineName>qvs</LinkMachineName>

to

<LinkMachineName>iis</LinkMachineName>

where iis is the host-name for your iis.

QVS Machine

Open QEMC and go to System - Setup

Click on the folder QlikView Web Servers and add a new web server

Change the URL from http://qvs:4750/qvws.asmx to http://192.168.x.x/QvAjaxZfc/AccesspointSettings.aspx (where 192.168.x.x is the IP to your IIS) and hit Apply

Once added, select the web server

Go to tab General and change Directory Service Connectors to DSC@qvs. Hit Apply

Go to tab AccessPoint and change Server Connection from Local to qvs@qvs. Hit Apply

The trick here is to use two identical local accounts and utilize the fact that NTLM can be used to authenticate between the servers, even though not being members of the same domain.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much... I made all the steps you said. (But not using iss. By using qlikview web server. After i can succeed this one i will do it with iis )

2 web servers are working.

1- QVS webserver (Domain Machine)

2- RemoteMachine Web server (Not in Domain)

+ i can log in with domain users by using QVS Webserver...

+ i can log in with local users(on RemoteMachine) by using Remote Machine Web Server.

-i can't log in with domain users by using Remote Machine Web Server.

-i can't log in with local users(on QVS) by using Remote Machine Web Server.

I think there is a problem with ntlm. I set it in webconfig like you said and restart web server but still no change.

I Don't know how to be sure that ntlm can be used between these two servers.

Not applicable
Author

This is working for me , I have 2 W2k3 servers (no domain) one with QVS + QVWS and the other with IIS + MS IIS SUPPORT (QVS setup)

My problerm now is how to set Document Level Authorization. Until now I set rights on documents throught NTFS but as Iocal account have to be member of Local Administrator group,  I see all documents, if I remove mu user from administrators I see No document.

Does it mean I have to use DMS instead of NTFS ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes it works with DMS ! Just add user account name in document authorization tab

No longer necessary to have admin users

Not applicable
Author

HI Bjorn Wedbratt,

I'm doing the same for version 11, but the option no longer exists:
•Perform a custom installation of QlikView Server, select to install IIS Support and Client Files

As is done now, you know?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

If you do not have IIS installed or it is not running on the server, you will not see the option to install IIS and it's components..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks