Hi Masters,

I have 5 Categories named below:

Corporate
Sales
True Demand
Commit
MXA3500-Credit
Upside

I have to make a error text box such that that text box will be showing an error message

Please Select Either of the categories from Sales,Corporate,True Demand

And/or

Commit and/or Upside

and in text box conditional tab I have to set the condition like the user will have the bility to select one of the categories from Sales,Corporate,True Demand

And/or one of the or both of the categories commit,upside

if I will use in condition tab that if(len(Categories)>0,0,1), it will only give me ability to choose only one category but as you see from above that user should have the ability to select specific multiple categories

How I will implement this please suggest

Thanks in Advance

S

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Here's an example where you have to select Region and (Year and/or Month). I hope this helps you enough to figure it out for your purpose.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No It wont fulfill my purpose as in your example case you have to select values between different dimensions and in my case its mulltiple values from same dimension....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No It wont fulfill my purpose as in your example case you have to select values between different dimensions and in my case its mulltiple values from same dimension....

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that case you'll need to count the number of selected items in a field and combine them into an expression that does what you need. In my example I added a textbox that demostrates this for Region with this expression:

= if( count(distinct Region) < count(distinct {1} Region) and count(distinct Region) > 1,'Ok','Select more than 1 region')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand