cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkmelanc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Slider Object views different in Web View than Desktop

I have a slider calendar object that allows for selection of a min and max date.  It works perfectly in the desktop view and also "works" in the web view, however, when I switch to web view the tool tip that shows your min and max date selection appears as a number rather than the date.  Any way to format so that in Web View the date comes up correctly?  See Images - #1 in deskotp, #2 in Web View

desktop.bmp

webview.bmp

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

add Date(DateField) while loading the data itself... or change the field format settings in the field setting section...

hope that helps...

Not applicable

I am also having this same issue.  If it works in the Desktop view, why should there be a need to change in the settings to fix it on the web?  If I understand Aadil's reply, I have tried that change and it still does not show the date in the slider on the web page.

Thanks.DateIssue.bmp

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What version are you using? I just tested in QV11 SR2 and don't see the problem.

-Rob

jkmelanc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We are running version 11 but have not upgraded to SR 2. Maybe that fixed it. I entered a support ticket and they have sent it to their development team to find out if its a known issue.

Thanks!!

Not applicable

We are using QV11 SR1.

Don Lempitsky

Bechtel Corporation

5323 N 99th Ave

Glendale, AZ 85305

ph: 602-368-0130

email: dalempit@bechtel.com

Not applicable

I think I have found the answer.  In the slide bar properties, check these settings:

Slide.png

As soon as I did that, the dates were on the slide bar. I changed the "Override Locked Field" and also the "Continuous/Numeric" fields and it shows as it does on the desktop.  Not sure why this would effect the Web and not the desktop, but it worked for me.

Don

jkmelanc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Don. I tried that previously and when I switch to “Discrete” and switch to Web view, my QV app freezes and kicks me out. Doesn’t like that setting for some reason.

Not applicable

Hi

i have the same problem with QW 11 SR2

This is the seetings for my slider object but I have different view in Web View thank Desktop.

Could you help me?

Regards

Oronzo

jkmelanc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I received an update today from QV support that this issue is in status “Sustaining Engineer” meaning an Engineer has to review it and find the fix.

Jada