Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Help

Hi All,

I have a text box that contains the following and works great:

='The following item(s) could not be found: ' &

concat( if(wildmatch(vFound,'*'&subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1))&'*'),NULL(),subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1)) ) ,'  ')&'

When the user enters a value in the Input Box, it loops through the values and determines if the record exists or not.  It was meant to be only an error message if a record was not found.  However, now I need it to display 'All values requested were found in the data set.' if the value is null. I tried an IF statement and kept getting an Error in Expression message. Can anyone figure out what the expression should be?

Also, I would like it to now use commas instead of spaces. The text box currently looks like this:

Capture.JPG

I want it to say "The following item(s) could not be found: 123456789, 987654321"

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 Reply
MayilVahanan

HI

Did you mention like this?

if(len(concat( if(wildmatch(vFound,'*'&subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1))&'*'),NULL(),subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1)) ) ,',')) > 0,'All Values are found', 'Error message')

For comma separate, use like is

concat( if(wildmatch(vFound,'*'&subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1))&'*'),NULL(),subfield(vItemNum,' ',ValueLoop(1,vAnum,1)) ) ,',')

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.