Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to break up and extract the field data

Hi to all members.

I am a beginer to this Click View programming and still in the process of studying the various references.

I have been given 2 fields, one that Contains date in DD.MM.YY format and another having corresponding values of sales.

Can anyone please guide me as to how can I retrieve the field data , so that i can make Three diffrent objects on the dashboard for mnth,day,and year, that will help the user to select the date according to his own preferences.

thanks 🙂

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you mean how to get month day and year from your date field?

Regards,

Janzen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have your date field formatted as a date already you can use the Year(), Month() and Day() functions in the script to extract the relevant parts of the date value into new fields that you can then use as dimensions and selection filters in the UI.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

This is a simple script - it assumes that the source file/table contains SaleDate and SaleValue. Change the field names to match your source field names:

Sales:

LOAD *,

Day(SaleDate) As Day,

Month(SaleDate) As Month,

Year(SaleDate) As Year

;

LOAD Date(Date#(SaleDate, 'DD.MM.YY')) As SaleDate,

SaleValue

From ....

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir,

Yes, I meant the very same. 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir,

Dis was really a helpful piece of  info to me..bt i am very new to these terms .'..Selection filter in UI.'.. i vl surely wrk on it.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sir,

Thanks for this sample script, ds is very helpful, Now hopefully I can solve the issue .

Regards

alka