Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis query

Hi, In the attached qvw I want the expression in the "Highest score by country" chart to be fixed irrespective of the selection. I know i need to do by set analysis and need to {1}, but not sure how to use that in this expression.

aggr(max({1}highest, country) doesn't seem to do the trick. Kindly help.

Thanks

Ram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Skip the visual cues. It's an old fashioned way to do this. Instead you can use expression attributes. The test will then be if max(total <country> ...) equals max(total ...).

For color, use e.g.

if(max({1}total <country> highest)=max({1}total highest),red())

For bold and underline (text format), use e.g.

if(max({1}total <country> highest)=max({1}total highest),'<B><U>')

HIC

expre attr.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You don't need to use the aggr function for this. Instead you should use

max(total <country> highest)

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric for the response, but the behaviour is still the same even after the change.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric for the response, but the behaviour is still the same even after the change.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want it not to change also when you have a selection, then use

max({1} total <country> highest)

HIC

Not applicable
Author

after that change, it has started giving completely wrong results.

e.g                321 is displayed as the highest score for both the players in India.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

But 321 is the highest score by country irrespective of the selection - same number for both Indian players. If this isn't what you want, then I do not understand what you number you want to display.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

1. What I want is actually the output of aggr(max(highest), country ), This gives me 6 rows and I have 6 distinct countries with the highest score of each country and the player who holds that highest score.

2. The moment I change to max(total<country>highest), this returns me 9 rows, I have 9 players but I don't want this chart to return 9 rows.

All I want is the output of 1 not to change regardless of the selection. Hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, you want one line per country, right? Six lines. Then you should use country as dimension - and no other dimensions.

First expression is "max({1} highest)" which will return the highest score per country. The {1} will evaluate the expression without selections, which I think is what you want.

Second expression is "FirstSortedValue({1} [Player Name],-highest)" which will return the first player name once you sort it according to -highest. The minus sign is to get the highest numbers first.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric. This works like a dream.

I just have one last problem to sort out. I have a Visual Cue setting for the first expression 'Highest'. My requirement is to highlight the top scorer of the world in a different colour. In my data it is Ricky Ponting from Australia. My Visual Cue Setting is

Upper >=  max(highest)

This works fine if there is no selection or selection is 'Australia'. The moment I select any other country the result goes ragged. Kindly help.