Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to proceed Console reloading over manually reloading?

Hi,

I got problem, when I reload the application thru enterprise management console, it didn't proceed, I got FAILED result. But when I reloaded manually, thru accessing the file and reload, it does not shows error, I got SUCCESSFUL result. What is happening? Do I have to check the settings of my console? Please help.

Best Regards,

Bill

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Bill,

First check the task logs, it usually happens when you have an ODBC created for the user you run QlikView, but not for the user that runs QlikView.

The same might happen with UNC paths to shared folders, to which your user has access but the user running QlikView services has not.

The best way to check this is to log on to the QlikView Server computer as the user running QlikView services, open Desktop, then run the reload and see if everything runs as expected.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. I had reviewed the error logs yesterday, and I found out the ODBC driver is missing, so I prefer to install the specific driver.

Best Regards,

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I'm still stuck on the same problem. I can't fix the ODBC error. I already installed the odbc driver. What am I gonna do now?

Is there any issue in ODBC Driver version?

Thanks,

Bill

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bill,

ODBC drivers may be only 32 bits available, so you have to ensure you are Forcing QlikView to use that instead by clicking on the corresponding checkbox in the script editor window.

Check this post and this post to see how to create a DSN depending on the computer's 32/64 bits architecture.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I already did everything. Still got error...

Before, this is working. I just dont know why this happen in the later part.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Bill,

Does the ODBC DSN exist now? If it doesn't, you should check with the IT people in charge of it. Is that a free available ODBC driver? What database are you connecting to? And basically: what differences are between your user where the Desktop runs the script fine and the user that runs the QlikView services? You might check that with IT as well.

Hope that helps.

Miguel