Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection in field through input box.

Hi !

I am a beginer in qlickview programming.

I want to make a selection in one of my fields containing month-name. based on the input in input box. ie. On entering  the month_number in an input box ,the corresponding month_name should get selected in the field.

I have tried to use the trigger event- action of selection on my input variable. Still i am not getting the desired result.

Can anyone please guide me??

Thanx.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Here's an example where a variable and an input box are used to select values smaller or equal than the variable. You should be able to figure out how to change it for your purposes.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks fr the help.. but i cannot open the file as i am using a personal edition version. the source files are not visible.

can u please share sme small example here itself....regarding as how to link the input box and the listbox.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In this screenshot I have added actions to the OnChange and OnInput triggers. If VAR1 is changed in the Inputbox, then the selection in Field B is changed to select all values smaller or equal to the new value of VAR1.

variable_trigger.PNG

Hope this helps

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Is there any particular reason for using an input box to select the month number?

The normal Qlikview approach would to use a list box for month and the user would make the selection from the listbox. No need for macros and/or actions. But perhaps you have good reason for not using the standard approach?

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein