Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installation Qlikview 11 on a new server

Hello,

we have installed a new version of Qlikview in a windows server 2008 64 bits.

We have created some new groups  : QlikView Admin and QlikView Users.

We have created somme new users.

When we're connecting on the QlikView Management Console, on the tab 'Users' , we have no users when we click on the button "Search for users and Groups" (cf attach file)

Have you any solutions to help me?

Must I do something to link users and groups created on the windows server with the QMC of QlikView?

Thanks for you help.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you go in under System in the Management Console and then expand the Directory Service Connector folder, make sure that you set up the default path under the Local path under the Local Directory. This should allow you to query users and groups on the local machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ok I see where I set up the default path under the local path under the local directory. For example, what I write in the path? Where do you find the path for local directory?

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just click the little icon that is to the right of the path. This will put in the default and that should be correct for the local machine.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I clicked the littel icon that is to the right of the path and I click on "apply" but nothing else will put in the default.

Is it normal?

thanks a lot for your help.

Val

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can put   local://<servername>  in there which is the local server..

3.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello,

I see the same thing that you are pasting me in the screen.

I install the plugin IE in my client computer.

but how do I access to the documents qvw which are on the server qlikview?

Thanks for your precious help