Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reading *.cvs files questions

Hi All,

I'm testing Expressor reading *.csv files, and I have some issues. First I'm using encoding UTF-8 but it is not been recognized special characters like "ñ"or "é", The other issue is when I create the schema, my two columns (Codigo and Nombre) are merge in a single field. There are two pics showing this.

Anyone can help me please?. Thanks in advance

datoscontilde.jpg

columna unida.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It appears that your file is semi-colon delimited - but the screen shows you are using a comma. Can you change that to a semicolon and retry?

comma.PNG

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It appears that your file is semi-colon delimited - but the screen shows you are using a comma. Can you change that to a semicolon and retry?

comma.PNG

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike!

You' were right about the semi-colon delimited, I've changed and it shows my 2 fields.

About the special characters like ñ and "josé", do you know how can I solve this?

Regards,

Ma. Jose

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Jose -

Cool.

I have reported that to our engineering team - I have seen this before - I believe you may need to use and ISO-8859-x setting. I'll let you know.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I just tested this in a simple Dataflow - attached at bottom of discussion - it worked for me using UTF-8 schema setting with QlikView Expressor Desktop 3.7.1.

Simple Data file:

name,age

mikeñ,43

josé,23

Test my sample and let me know.

Note: The attached .csv file was created in Notepad ++ and showed ANSI as the default encoding - I saved it as UTF-8 and the characters changed to corresponding codes such as xF1 XE9 - and it still worked.

Let me know.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I've tested your example but I didn't work. I was looking for the encondig that qlikview uses to load my data from the .csv and it is western europe encondig that is ISO 8859-3 in expressor, I set it that way and worked fine.

I attached my excel file if you wanna test it in your project

Thanks for your help,

Maria Jose

Not applicable
Author

I didn't see your answer below about ISO 8859-3... thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK Cool - so the Encoding setting "is" very important - the product does not auto-recognize that by default.

So you are good with this for now?

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Yeah! .. all is working Thanks