Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Four Week rolling average chart

Hello,

Thanks for the help in calculating rolling averages.

When i try to put this in a line chart in QV, it takes all the dates. Where as i need to show only from specific fisal date.

I have attached the excel file for reference, with the data highlighted and the chart,Which exactly has to be done in Qlikview.

I s there any way to display certain number of values on chart, instead of all.

Please advice.

Thanks  in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I used Fiscal week in a calculated dimension that only shows Fiscal week > 20120420

See example:

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I used Fiscal week in a calculated dimension that only shows Fiscal week > 20120420

See example:

Not applicable
Author

Dear gwassenaar,

Thanks for your help once again. That is very nice answer.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the qvw file where you shown the chart. However i have one small clarification.

You have done the chart based on a new excel file imported, where you have taken '4 week rolling average' field to show it on the graph.

What if we would like to clone the straight table(where you have calculated rolling averages using expressions) and convert it into a line chart,instead of importing another excel file.

Thanks in Advance.

Nassar

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've added a chart using the expression. I did have to add a limit to the values displayed on the x-axis and a scroll bar. If you scroll to the end it looks pretty much the same as the chart based on the excel data.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sir,

Thanks once again for your help. This is great.

1. When i try to create expression just similar to that, the lines on the chart are not displayed properly, Wondering why.

2. Is there any option to lock the scroll bar after it is scrolled completely to right.

Regards
Nassar