Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open a QlikView document user access error

Hi everyone. I' new in Qlikview's world.

I have a document qvw, and I put user access security, with on line data. In that place I wrote username and password, but I forgot the access field, I left it in blank.

Now I have problem to open that document because it open a user dialog with a User ID Field, I write the user, but it don't recognize it and the dialog appears again.

So, I didn't a Back up before [:(]

I'm sure about the user that I wrote.

Somebody can help me with that problem.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Max

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Max,

I'm afraid you're out of luck...it's always a good idea to backup your document before you apply Section Access, especially if you don't have much experience (it's quite common to get locked out). The only thing I can suggest is to contact QlikTech Support--maybe they built in some sort of "superadmin" user that will work with any application...

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Vlad Gutkovsky, Thank you for your post.

So, I'll have to build my model againg.

Best Regards,

Max.

Not applicable
Author

Actually if it's Qlikview 10 I have a way to get into the document that locked you out of Section Access.

Let me know if you still need help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan, I appreciate your help, but I found a back up of my model with no security.... I was lucky!!!

Regards.

Max

Not applicable
Author

Can you tell me how to get into a dcument that locked me out of section Access?

Not applicable
Author

I have spent a lot of time writing code to do this, it's not easy to explain nor am I sure I want to share my code, but If you want to send me a document that your are locked out of either because of forgotten password, changed NT UserID or section access I can open it, comment out the section access and security and send it back.

I hear the QVW can be sent to Qliktech in Sweden to be unlocked too.

Right now I am willing to do it for free, but maybe able to turn it into a side business at a reasonable fee and quick turn around.

Let me know if you are interested in my help or if you want to test me first with a new QVW purposefully locked out.

-Dan

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I've just posted a blog entry on Section Access and avoiding lock-outs that may be interesting / useful:

http://bit.ly/QRnNys

Regards,
Steve

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/