Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

I am getting the following error message when I try to reload a QV App with Publisher:

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

The strange thing is that Publisher is able to save the log file but not the QV application.

15 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Does everything work OK if you use the local drive? If so then this isn't a bug but issues with your share. Service accounts can't use Mapped Drives and only understands UNC paths.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I cannot image that service account isn't allowed to use mapped drives.
Over remote desktop connection to the server and logged in as service user, I can reload and save with qv fat client.
Sbe is the only piece of software, which throws this .net exception:  System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the problem with mapped network drives is, that they are not connected if the service is starting under the specific service user, regardless if they are mapped using RDP. (This is as far as I know)

Can you provide some screenshots with the share permission and the permission on the folder directly, you entered in the moun folder secion of the SBE?

Kr

Helmut

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry my mistake, I meant that the service user has access to the unc path,  ( not mapped drive )

this is also the paths which is in the qmc  "\\Viepfil004\dfsat\SHARED ...... "

SBE can:
*) write log files into the directory,
*) write a qvd/txt into the directory,
*) not store / modify the .qvw itself

yprebxy9.jpg

dde
Employee
Employee

Remember that both Share permissions and NTFS permissions come into play here.  The QlikView Service account will need Full Control to both.  "Change" or "Modify" permissions aren't good enough.

I've seen it happen that a customer might have one correct but not the other.

rolandstadler
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks Helmut, this solved the issue for us as well.

NTFS security was set to full control, but not the UNC sharing permissions. I attached a screenshot on where to find these settings.

Cheers to this great community!

Roland

UNCFullControl.png