Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III

Governance Dashboard Script Error

Hello,

I installed the Governance Dashboard on our Qlikview 11 Server.

But I always get a Script Error in the hidden part:

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

Did somebody has the same issue?

Best wishes

Bastian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Bastian -

I moved the discussion thread to this forum based on PM advisement. So please take note you are in the:

"Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)" forum now.

As per engineering:

R&D believes that they have isolated the cause of this defect in executing the QlikView Expressor Connector.  The defect is believed to be in the QVX protocol’s reply handling logic of QVSR2 and earlier (it is not a Governance Dashboard or Connector bug).  The QV11 R&D team is looking into this and believes that the fix can possibly be incorporated into a QV11SR2 Update to be released in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

We have noticed that the problem is more prevalent on machines with 2 or fewer cores available to QlikView and, in particular, VMs.  Machines with 4 to 8 (or more) cores tend not to create the conditions under which the defective code path is executed.

We will update you when appropriate.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Bastian

I have seen this error before - can you please tell me a little about your environment?

• Version of the QVGD - I assume the recent Beta 1.0?
  • Are you using a VM?
  • Operating system
  • Version of QlikView Desktop you are using to load the .qvw? - I assume 11 SR x?

Try running a reload again - CTRL+R - or click scan. Please repeat that a few times.

Please let me know

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hallo Mike,

I download the Beta 1.0 Version from the Qlikview Market. We are using a VM but it's a single VM on one Machine.

We use Qlikview 11.00.11307.0 SR1 with the Customer Patch for the Publisher Bug.

I open the Dashboard in the Qlikview Desktop on our Server with Version 11.00.112882.0 SR1 64-bit

We are using Windows Server 2003

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 (64 bit edition)

Operating System Version5.2.3790

I try to reload it but it doesn't work.

QVGD Error.png

We have the Publisher and Server Logfiles in a seperate folder.

CTRL + R won't work.

Best wishes

Bastian

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I download the Beta 1.0 Version from the Qlikview Market. We are using a VM but it's a single VM on one Machine.

AH HA! - I thought so. I have already informed engineering. I have seen this before in some of my pre-beta testing -but only on VMs. I have not isolated the problem myself just yet. However I will come back to you promptly once I hear back from engineering.

Do you have another HOST machine you can try this on in the mean-time?

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Mike,

on my local machine I didn't get the error after one minute. It looks like working.

But I have to uninstall the Expressor Suite and reinstall the QVGD because with an installed version oif expressor I get a connector error.

Did it read the complete qvw files over the network? We have e.G. one 4 GB Dashboard on our server. OR did it readf only the meta data?

Is it possible to analyze the logfiles with a Desktop Client on my local host or is this only working on the server?

Best wishes

Bastian

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Bastian -

But I have to uninstall the Expressor Suite and reinstall the QVGD because with an installed version of expressor I get a connector error.

I'd like to have our team possibly investigate this "if" it becomes a problem after installing. The QVGD comes with its own QlikView Expressor engine and is independent of the QlikView Expressor Desktop and engine components that come with the Full Installer. Please open another post specifically for this if it does become a problem.

Did it read the complete qvw files over the network? We have e.G. one 4 GB Dashboard on our server. OR did it read only the meta data?

If the paths you include in the configuration sheet of the QVGD are shared network drives and even possibly UNC "\\machine_name\share" (I have not tested UNC yet - but I believe I heard this works too) then yes it will scan that file over the network and grab the metadata from it to build the associative data model. I do believe file size will pay an important role. I am not sure if there is logic in the scan that will bypass pieces in the file that are not needed. If this becomes an issue - please let me know in a separate thread.

Is it possible to analyze the log files with a Desktop Client on my local host or is this only working on the server?

Yes and Yes - since the QlikView Governance Dashboard is a QlikView application which utilizes QlikView Expressor technology - either installed on a local client desktop with shared and/or network paths to all the required server files (profiles, document paths, log files etc) OR installed on the QlikView Server - you can create a publisher task to scan the environment unattended and display the results in AccessPoint.

It is recommended that you install QVGD on the same machine as the server and have QlikView Desktop installed on that machine as well.

See the installed documentation - file:///C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/Governance_1.0Beta/doc/index.htm

..for more information

Check out the FAQ too:

http://qlikmarket.qlik.com/qvajaxzfc/pdf/Data-Governance_FAQ-US.pdf

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Bastian -

I moved the discussion thread to this forum based on PM advisement. So please take note you are in the:

"Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)" forum now.

As per engineering:

R&D believes that they have isolated the cause of this defect in executing the QlikView Expressor Connector.  The defect is believed to be in the QVX protocol’s reply handling logic of QVSR2 and earlier (it is not a Governance Dashboard or Connector bug).  The QV11 R&D team is looking into this and believes that the fix can possibly be incorporated into a QV11SR2 Update to be released in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

We have noticed that the problem is more prevalent on machines with 2 or fewer cores available to QlikView and, in particular, VMs.  Machines with 4 to 8 (or more) cores tend not to create the conditions under which the defective code path is executed.

We will update you when appropriate.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
TK_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mike

Just to confirm your feedback.

I get the same error at one of our customers.

The server is on a VM with Win 2008 R2 and 1 cpu.

I have the latest QV version installed (11, sr2) and I downloaded the QVGD today.

Regards

Terje

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Terje - check out this link to see the list of known issues and approaches that may help:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hallo

when did you expect to fix the issue with the virtual machine?

Because creating a data linage is only possible on the server. OR can I run QGDB on my PC to get the data linage?

Best wishes

Bastian