Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Could not close the SourceDocument

Hi,

This log was send via email for the a task

need help thanks

Part of the log file follows:

10/10/2012 2:29:34 AM   Error   Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

10/10/2012 2:29:35 AM   Warning The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).

10/10/2012 2:29:37 AM   Error   The task "MidMarket Claims" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Alejandro,

What version of QlikView are you on? This is an error, but it really isn't. Confusing rigth?

What has happen is that the QVB was trying to close the QlikView document and it couldn't. So the next step was for the distribution service to Kill the QVB to close the document. This was an error that they were going to stop logging because it really didn't cause any harm..

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks q11 sr1 i update to sr2

shawnqlikfv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have the same issue with 11 R1 and about to upgrade to 11 R2.  My concern is if I have depedency built in on On Event from Another Task.  If the task that generates this error message despite completed successfully, will qvw engine treats this as an error ?  Will it kick off the other task which depends on the SUCCESSFUL status of the one that generated this error message ?  Thansk in advance.

Not applicable
Author

i updated to sr2 and dont appear anymre

but i need to check the depends task but i undestand  that they will run