Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

creating dimension from column value and finding sum of columns

Hi ,

I am looking for a solution to the below described solution...

I have a query which returns the following result

But, in qlikview, i want to model it slightly differently in a chart..

i.e. i want to pull out each individual value from 'batch_month' field and make it a dimension...and enter the corresponding fpr_brl_amount under it.

Also, at the end, I want to create a new colum 'Accumulated' that will sum all the values in the row.

I tried something, but it was giving me 'accumulated' field after each month..

I have attached a file detailing the query and the chart details.

Can anyone help me out with this, please?

Regards,

Anju

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use pivot table then at the presentation tab, check show partial sums for BATCH_MONTH field.

Regards,

Janzen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use pivot table then at the presentation tab, check show partial sums for BATCH_MONTH field.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janzen,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply!

I added a pivot table, then under Dimensions tab, i added partner name as one field,

and the second field--- i gave value as FPR_BRL_AMOUNT with label as monthname(BATCH_MONTH)..

and like you said under presentation tab, I checked partial sum for BATCH_MONTH...but, the chart is not getting populated..

Kindly help me out..

Regards,

Anju

Not applicable
Author

img4.bmpIimg1.bmpimg2.bmp img3.bmpI am attaching 4 images to show what I have done..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, Janzen..It worked ...I did a little repositioning of the columns too..

Regards,

Anju