Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem of selection in Scatter charts

Hello ,

I am new to qlikview  and i am currently working with scatter charts . Im plotting names of states against longitude and latitude and its working fine and showing me a rough map .

I have a list object box which contains the names of the states of a country, what i want is that whenever i select a state from the list box only that state needs to be highlighted in scatter chart rest every point needs to fade out ( have grey color ) .  Also when i select a state from the list box  only that states is shown on the scatter charts rest all the points are lost .

I want to retain every point on the chart irrespective of my selection by also want to highlight the state which i have selected from the list box .

Is there any way to achieve this?

. I am attaching the sample qvw file .

Thanks in advance

s_tushar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I think the attached is what you're asking for.  I changed the expressions to use set analysis to always show every point.  I then set the color of the point by adding a background color expression to the Longitude, which you can see if you click on the little + next to Longitude.  If the color is set to null, it defaults to the colors on the Colors tab.  Finally, I also set the grayed-out dots to be smaller than the selected dots by using a third expression in the chart.  If there's confusion about how an if(LONGITUDE...) can work, the LONGITUDE will only have a value for the states you've selected.  If the state is not selected, the LONGITUDE will be null, which is considered false.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

See if this is what you are looking for.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I think the attached is what you're asking for.  I changed the expressions to use set analysis to always show every point.  I then set the color of the point by adding a background color expression to the Longitude, which you can see if you click on the little + next to Longitude.  If the color is set to null, it defaults to the colors on the Colors tab.  Finally, I also set the grayed-out dots to be smaller than the selected dots by using a third expression in the chart.  If there's confusion about how an if(LONGITUDE...) can work, the LONGITUDE will only have a value for the states you've selected.  If the state is not selected, the LONGITUDE will be null, which is considered false.

Not applicable
Author

Hey John Witherspooon ,rebeccad  thanks for your solution .both the solutions works well

Not applicable
Author

Hey John Witherspooon ,rebeccad  thanks for your solution .both the solutions works well