cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta - Pre-Installation Steps

Thank you all so far for participating in the download and testing of the QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.0 Beta. To date we have collected a few issues which are currently being investigated and addressed for future versions of the QVGD. In the mean-time I suggested you keep these steps in mind.

The following steps are recommended instructions when installing the QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta 1.0.

• If installing on Windows XP or Windows 2003 server
    • Create the following Directory: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta
    • Run the installation wizard and change the default install location to: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta

• Ensure that QlikView Desktop is not running - check task manager for QV.exe and ensure the process is not running

• Do not use a VM - install on a physical machine

• Do not use directory names that contain spaces for the 'Install Directory’ and ‘Profile Directory’ (see first bullet)

• Uninstall any previous version of the QlikView Governance Dashboard by using the Uninstall utility found in the Add / Remove Programs list

unin.PNG

• If you have installed a Pre-Beta version please remove the Governance folder from: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

• Install the QlikView Governance Dashboard

Software and instructions found here:

http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

• Restart the system

• Load the QlikView Governance Dashboard,configure and scan according to the instructions
Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
37 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

How do we fix the below?

Thanks.

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

Nick

Not applicable

Another question, is it ok if we install it in the folder of source folder of QVW? or the installation folder has to be out of the source folder?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello Nick - this is an issue that has been discovered to effect virtual machines mostly.

We believe that we have isolated the cause of this defect in executing the (QlikView Expressor) QVE Connector.  The defect is believed to be in the QVX protocol’s reply handling logic of QVSR2 and earlier (so it is not a Governance Dashboard or QVE Connector bug).  The QV11 R&D team is looking into this and believes that the fix can possibly be incorporated into a QV11SR2 Update to be released shortly.

We have noticed that the problem is more prevalent on machines with 2 or fewer cores available to QlikView and, in particular, VMs.  Machines with 4 to 8 (or more) cores tend not to create the conditions under which the defective code path is executed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

The installation folder for QVGD should be put in its own root or sub-folder structure OUTSIDE of any source folders tthat contain QlikView files (QVD, QVX, QVW) -  if that is what you are referring to.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.

I fixed the problem by installing it again OUTSIDE of the source folder.

It works fine now. very useful info.

Just a comment, the problem i had was from the production server which has 24 cores and 64Gb memory.

In contrary, theVM works fine for this dashboard which has 2 cores and 4 Gb.

Thanks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hey Nick - good to know - I will let the PM know this ASAP.

So for my clarity:

• you experienced the "DateIsland" script error after installing on a "PHYSICAL" machine NOT a VM - when installing the QVGD in the actual folder used for sourcing QV documents? - Correct?

• you did not experience the error when installing it on a VM (with less cores) while installing it in the default location provided by the installation wizard: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta?  - Correct?

If all of this is correct - as you stated - this is contrary to the original thinking.

Thanks

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Yes for both. VM works fine for me, just that it takes longer time to complete the load.

The issue I had was because i installed it INSIDE the source folder.

So normally, it should work perfectly on the first installation.

Should share this with your R&D team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike

I am getting the "Table not found.  DateIsland:" error as well with the QlikView Governance Dashboard Beta 1.0.  which was installed as per the installation defaults.

On a 64 core physical server with 192 GB RAM.

MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Server Service Pack 1.

QlikView Server 11 SR1

Any ideas what to do ?

I can supply any more information / diagnostics on request.

Best Regards,  Bill

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks Bill. I will investigate. That is now going against all the suspicions in which we originally found this error to occur.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik